1. The eLUNa Search application
The eLUNa Search application is accessible from your page on the eConference Portal (https://conferences.unite.un.org). It allows you to search the bitexts in all duty stations that are part of the eLUNa network and in any language combination.
Figure 1. The eLUNa Search icon in the eConference portal
For additional information on the eLUNa Search application, refer to the Search Application User Guide
To use the Lookup function:
- Highlight the text in the source segment and press F2, or
- Right-click the highlighted text and select “Lookup”
- If you want to search in specific sources, uncheck “All” at the top of the contextual menu, then select the sources you want to search.
- Click “Go” to search for the highlighted string
Lookup results, if any, are displayed below the discovery results. You can expand or close the discovery and lookup results using the expansion buttons.
Figure 2. The Lookup search
3. Full-text search
- Type or copy and paste a text string in the search window
- Click the magnifying glass icon to search for the string
- The search results are displayed in a separate pane
- Click "Close" to close the search results pane
Figure 3. The Full-text search
4. Find and replace
Find and replace allows the user to find multiple occurrences of a given string of text in the target text column and replace them in translated segments either one-by-one or all at once.
1. To access Find and replace, click on the magnifying glass icon or press Ctrl+Alt+F. A pop-up menu will open with options to search in the source or target columns.
Figure 4. The magnifying glass icon
2. To search in the source text, select source column.
3. Enter the text you want to find in the Find field, and use the Previous and Next buttons to find occurrences one by one.
4. To search in your translation, select target column.
5. Enter the text you want to replace in the Find field, and the replacement text in the Replace with field.
Figure 5. The Find and replace function
6. Use the Previous and Next buttons to find occurrences one by one. Click on Replace to replace the highlighted occurrence, or Replace all to replace all ocurrences with one click. The segments where text was replaced will be marked as tentative.
7. To exit Find and replace, press ESC or click on Close.
To undo the replacement, reverse the strings in the Find and Replace with fields, then repeat step 6 above.
If you begin your search from the middle of the document, a popup window opens when you reach the last occurrence to allow you to continue the search from the beginning.
Segments are marked as tentative (orange background) after a string is replaced. This allows you to check that all replacements are done correctly.
5. Browser search
The native search function in the browser can be used to find text strings in both the source text and target text columns.
- To open the search window, press F3 or Ctrl + F on the keyboard, or click the corresponding browser icon ("Customize and Control Google Chrome", or "Open Menu" in Firefox), then click “Find”
- Enter the search string and press "Enter" or use the up and down buttons in the search window
- To close the search window, click the "x" mark at the right of the search window or press "Esc" on your keyboard.