1. The Source menu: bitext and index selection
Figure 1 - The Source menu
2. Managing bitexts
To select, prioritize or deselect specific bitexts:
- Click “Bitexts” under the “Sources” icon to open the Bitext selection pane.
- Determine the bitexts you want to use. All bitexts containing matches for the current document are selected by default.
- If you want to use only certain bitexts but not others, start by deselecting all the bitexts on the list by clicking the minus “ - ” sign.
- To select a bitext, use the check mark under the checkmark “ √ ” column.
- To prioritize a bitext, use the check mark under the plus “ + ” column. eLUNa will search the prioritized bitexts first.
- If you cannot see the bitext you want to use, you can search for it using the browser search function (Ctrl + F).
- If the bitext is not in the list, you can add it to the list. (See instructions below)
- To re-select all bitexts in the list, click on the “ √ ” sign at the top.
- Click “Update”.
- Close the Bitext selection pane.
To add a bitext manually, enter the document symbol in the “Add” window, then click the “Add” button. The bitext, if found, will appear in the list with the label “Manually added [your name]”.
Figure 3 - Adding a bitext
3. Managing indexes
To select or deselect indexes:
- Click “Index Selection” under the “Sources” icon to open the Index selection pane
- Expand indexes by duty station if needed by clicking the name of the duty station
- Include/exclude indexes using the toggle switches.
- Click “Update”
- Close the Index selection pane.
The colour coding to the left of the index name indicates the status of processing of your file (looking for matches in the bitexts in Document Storage): A green dot indicates that processing is complete, while a red dot indicates that processing is ongoing or has not yet started.
Figure 4 - The index selection pane